Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Road Signs and Traffic Lights

I don't go to Ramallah that much, which is perhaps why I tend to notice the little changes that occur every so often.

Coming back to Palestine in January, I noticed that there was a new set of traffic lights between the city and Kalandia. There has also been another set added on the road heading out of Ramallah to the north.

Today, I noticed that there are some new road markings further down this road, as you leave the city on the way to Surda. This is the first time I've seen any markings in Palestine - well, except for the settler-colonist roads.

Ironically though, as I was leaving the city (although nowhere near these new markings) there was a massive traffic jam caused by a fairly nasty crash. This involved a service and a van full of paint, which has subsequently spilt all over the vehicle and was running off down the street, leaving a pointedly different set of markings.

No comments: