Sunday, March 19, 2006

Opinion Poll

Although I'm sure nearly everyone who reads this blog knows (roughly) where I am at the moment, I'm currently not in Palestine for those few who don't. This has absolutely nothing to do with recent events there, although after last week's IDF incursion in Areeha (and the strong whiff of British government collusion) some people may think that's probably for the best.
With the subsequent Al Asqa Martyr Brigade proclamations that were made in Gaza and the kidnapping of a random group of foreigners in Gaza again, I now face more serious questions about my safety as a foreigner in the West Bank than I have done before previous visits.
While I ponder these questions, and seek the advice of people actually living there, I thought I would also ask my readership for their advice or comments.
Remember when leaving comments only to leave your first name, and don't sign into blogger even if you're a member.

(And lest we forget what the real problem is, see the Saturday March 18th entry here at Raising Yousuf).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depends how safe you are going to feel when you are there? If there is any doubt then maybe it isn't worth it?!?

R

Anonymous said...

any updates on what the situation is over there, old man? i'm confident you'll be alright since you've got good social networks in the town; can you hang out in israel for a while to let things settle down?