Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Decision Time

Well, after soliciting the opinions of people who are in the West Bank, it seems everything is back to normal there (bearing in mind that the *normal* itself changes frequently). Apparently all the militant groups came out against the kidnapping, something which escaped the (Western) news. So I look forward to returning soon.

Well, I say 'look forward', but I actually dislike the journey part quite intensely. A long and arduous journey is made harder by the unpredictability of the immigration officials and the anticipation of this process beforehand. I'm assuming recent events will only make things harder.

I do however enjoy being in Palestine once I'm there.

With Kadima's win in the election yesterday and the anticipation of borders being drawn, I have begun to wonder exactly what traveling to Palestine will be like in future? Will Israel issue exit/entry visas every time someone enters and leaves the West Bank? (Since this prospect threatens to increase the difficulty of and slow down travel even more, I would guess the answer would be yes). No more quick day trips to Jerusalem.

No comments: