Monday, July 10, 2006

The End of the Affair

Well, another World Cup comes to its inevitable conclusion. I enjoyed the final. Did anyone else think Zidane's headbutt was absolutely hilarious? It reminded me of Juggernaut from X-men 3. I thought France played better, but they didn't take their chances, and Italy, who looked like they were playing for penalties from half-time onwards, won. Such is football, and such is life.

And now I have to entertain myself for the rest of the summer. What am I going to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Italy, who looked like they were playing for penalties from half-time onwards, won"

Exactly. I was surprised as Italy has a terrible history in PKs. Unfortunately I had errands to do, and missed the headbut in real time. After all I heard about it, when I finally saw it, I laughed out loud. It is really too bad that it will forever follow Zidane. Oh well.

Anyways, I was quite happy with the result as I was rooting for Italy the whole tournament. And that off-sides call on their second goal was suspect anyways.

Stay safe!