Saturday, February 11, 2006

Cooking/Eating update

Ok, by sheer coincidence, (and I genuinely mean that), I was invited for dinner by my landlady the very night I wrote my last post. And what's more, it wasn't just any old dinner, but Warak Dawali (Stuffed vine leaves), possibly my favourite Arabic dish (although there are so many to choose from).
Funnily enough, my bedtime routine was also disrupted by a power cut that night. So instead of jumping into semi-warm sheets, I had to get into a cold bed. Power cuts - there have been three since I got here - tend to happen on the coldest nights, when the electricity system can't cope with everyone staying indoors and cranking up their heaters. Brrrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food - that's probably what makes me most jealous of you! ; )

Anonymous said...

The food - that's probably what makes me most jealous of you! ; )....Will